Sunday, February 19, 2006

Finally

I have much more energy today. Let me work backwards because that's the only way I can remember.

So my friends were super cool, they threw a surprise party for me. Crystal baked a cake for me in the shape of a duck, it was delicious. They got me all sorts of cool stuff and we all had a cooked dinner together. I helped make the spring rolls, full of cabbage and carrots and garlic. Very delicious. Kate gave me a DVD entitled Jesus, we were cracking up at that. Justin got me a bottle of garlic olive oil. Good times.

Before that I worked at the free skate. There were three kids who came up to me (total ADD whackos =P) and say, "Hey, we have a play we want to show you, its called Asthma Attack." Then the middle kid starts pretending he has an asthma attack, starts flailing and pounding on the wall, then does the same on the ice and his two buddies are freaking out ... and it was HYSTERICAL. I probably shouldn't have goaded them on, but it was hilarious.

The worst part about work today, a lady got a serious concussion. The paramedics had to be called and she had to be carted off the ice. She was probably in her fifties, she was feeling sick, had the chills, looked glazed, couldn't even remember her name. Even dry heaved a couple times. Waiting for the paramedics felt like FOREVER. We were really worried about her, but the paramedics were real good and took care of her. I my alarm too for work, woke up half an hour before I had to be there, managed to get there five minutes early, but I walked really fast. And its been fucking cold the last two days, the high hasn't been above the teens, not to mention the biting wind.

So what happened last night that i was so tired? Well I worked until 10 p.m., got to see the synchronized skating exhibition which was awesome. The figure skaters before were very good, Michael was awesome, landed four triples (that's what Tori told me at work today, I didn't notice all four). After work, I played hockey until about 11:45, which was soooo much fun. Then I stuck around with Dave and Alice and we kept eachother company then helped close up the rink. However, Dave left his keys in the rink so after walkign Alice home we waited around for Nick to stop banging his girlfriend on the inside (j/k) to open the door for us. Didn't get home and out of the shower until 3:00, got to bed by 3:30.

I would have gone to sleep earlier, but soaked in the tub for a long time with my thoughts. The shower and tub is where I can think clearly, maybe its the warm water, maybe its the quiet, I don't know. Ended up just having a whole flood of memories come back to me, almost started crying. I miss my friend, a lot, it was weird since I haven't talked to her in such a long time and now I really miss her. I feel lonely now, even though I'm surrounded by friends. The people I love aren't around and the people I want to love me dont.

It feels good to be excercising and working out. I think my body is just a vessel for my spirit. Its all just energy, there's hardly anything concrete about my body. Yet I feel that it reflects my spirit and if it is healthy, it can keep me healthy on the inside. I'm not trying to beef up and become "buff and manly", I want to be healthy and strong.

I wish I could remember more about what I wanted to write, but I don't. Oh well, go figure? There was so much I wanted to say.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You know what? I was going to check your blog and I see that everything was ok and when I was typing it I was like: SHIT today is 220. Oh Fuck its his birthday today. And then I read all about it. i am glad you had a good one. So send me your phone number and I will call you. Alright man, 23, we are getting old. oxoxoxox