Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Flatulence (post 2)

Wow, two posts in one day, exciting.

I was just reminiscing about the past today at work when we were talking about family cultures and traditions. One of the things that I always used to thing was unique about my family was our complete lack of dignity when it came to bodily functions. It wasn't just that we burped or farted around eachother, my siblings and I used to compete for top honors. Early on in our lives we couldn't even come close to the depth of my dad's burps, not to mention the stench of his farts (which to this day I don't know if I can top). And yet my sisters and I would have unofficial "burp-offs" in the hallway, which my older sister clearly holds the title for. Whenever she comes home, we know that things are back to normal when while sitting in the living room, we can almost feel the walls tremble as she unleashes the burp that signals the arrival to her room.

Farting on the other hand, me and my sister would love to run into eachother's rooms, fart, and run off laughing with the hope that we had left a stinky one. Now if we had already farted in our own rooms and smelled the nature of the beast, the nastier it was the better, and thus we had a more potent weapon. Of course we're just children (and still are pretty immature when it comes to this) so we don't really get mad at eachother, but its agonzingly hilarious when we really get a it, say after a good hearty meal of mexican food.

The funniest memories I have would be when the family would be sitting in the living room watching TV or a movie, and we don't hear the fart but the smell creeps into our nose and makes our brains do a double take, cause we certainly didn't see anyone on the T.V. screen fart. We all start looking at eachother, except for my dad who is sitting there chuckling to himself quietly and a red hue slowly spreading across his face. My mom would smack him with a pillow and act disgusted, my older sister would pinch her nose and screw up her face, and of course me and my little sister would start laughing hysterically. Now that we have a dog, my dad will try to blame it on her but we know how far from the truth that is.

And that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like my childhood. I got Ben at least twice by telling him, "Ben I think I have something on my butt, but i can't see." After much nagging that I could feel there was something there he would bend over and look and wow, fart right in the face.

PS there is also something called a BUTTERCUP. Where you fart into your hand and then put your hand into someone elses face! You should try it!!