Thursday, September 28, 2006

First Day at School

Well, what an exciting day! Today was a lot of firsts.

It was the first day in uniform, which all of my pieces miraculously fit. It was also the first day at Dvorak Elementary, we got to see our classroom for the first time. The school is very nice, much nicer than any elementary school I went to growing up. The kids were so excited to see us today, and the teachers seemed genuinely happy to see us there despite the events of last year. Most of the day was dedicated to community mapping which was a good thing to do being my first time in North Lawndale. There are a lot of resources we will be able to work with.

We then came back to the office and had the jacket ceremony which moved me. It was simply amazing hearing what everbody said, and I have about a million thoughts about it running through my head about it. I will post about that specifically later when I am able to gather all my thoughts.

More to come later, probably over the weekend.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Baby!

Shana Tov and I just got internet in my room so now I can read you blog!

I read it. I do.

I am off on the weekends so I will check in and see how you are. I will make a big post today or tomorrow as I finally have the time to do so. I am proud of you.

I have learned a lot recently about the airforce and I don't know how much you know or knew at the time that I was urging you to become a pilot here. But now i know it would have almost been impossible. Just the course is 3 years and you can be kicked the day before it is over. And you have to sign on for 10 years minimum!!!

I say this just in case you ever regretted not giving it a try. It is basically a crazy thing to try to do, even for natural born Israelis.

Well I will go for now but keep me up on your life and thoughts and I will do the same.

xoxo
Lizzy