Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A post on another person's blog made me think pretty hard about some stuff. I hope you know who you are if you read this.

I was thinking, why am I doing what I do? At this point in my life, why am I doing what I am? Why should I be doing what I want to do? For myself, or for other people? My parents would have me think that there's two reasons I would do anything with my life right now; to make money, and to make them happy/proud. No way, I am going to do what makes me happy in my life. I want to do something that has a purpose, that achieves something, and if it comes at the expense of money, fine. I hold nothing against people who want to make a lot of money first, its not what I want to do, even if its my parents wishes.

Sure the job I have now is only a step, that's what I need now. Why should I follow a set plan, do what my parents want me to do if it won't make me happy? Graduate high school, get my undergrad degree, go to grad school, get a high paying job, get married, have kids, etc. etc. I just try as hard as I can to do well, be happy, and achieve something that I find fulfilling. Wouldn't it be nice if they appreciated that much?

I was stuck in a rut that last semester of school. Change is good, change is so important. Spontenaity is great, doing the unexpected and feeling good about it is important. Trying hard, even failing at stuff, it feels ... well.. alright if I know that I put everything I had into it. Lastly, doing something with a purpose that I find fulfilling is pretty important to me.

No comments: