Thursday, March 09, 2006

Great Concert


I went to a really great concert tonight at the Krannert center, it was my first time in the Great Hall. All I have to say is that the acoustics are AMAZING.

The program

Commando March (1943) - Samuel Barber
Tulsa (1957) - Don Gillis
Epinicion (1975) - John Paulson
The Hounds of Spring (1980) - Alfred Reed

Performed by UI Concert Band I

Day of the Dragon - Peter Graham
Hymns of Praise - Goff Richards

Performed by UI British Brass Band

Tunbridge Fair (1950) - Walter Piston
Dionysiaques, Op. 62 (1913) - Florent Schmitt

My two favorite songs had to be Tulsa and Dionysiaques. Not often do songs to this to me, but at one point in each song I could feel it in my body. Does that make sense? I could almost feel it resonating through my body, starting at the top of my back and working its way down to my feet. Sort of like an electric impulse. I'm not on drugs or anything, the songs were just that good. Plus I love live orchestral type music.

No comments: