Friday, March 31, 2006

Perfect Day

Ok, so I realize the picture on the left may seem a little strange, and you may wonder how this equates to a perfect day, but I'll explain.

This morning I set my alarm for 10:30, I didn't want to get up too late. I call Dave to see if we were going to play hockey, but due to the condition of his skates, that wasn't going to happen. Instead, he, Andrew, and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast where I had biscuits and gravy. Dave on the other hand had three eggs, a thick steak, biscuits and gravy, fried apples, hash browns, and grits. He downed it all, that man is a monster in a sprites body.

From there, I left my rent check with Jon and then went to the humane society of Champaign county. It was a beautiful day outside and I suggested we go walk some dogs, they shouldn't be stuck in cages indoors. The sky was beautiful and clear with puffy white clouds everywhere, and the dogs had a blast being taken outside. I took a collie breed named Lila around the ground for half an hour or so, she was super excited to go outside. Ten minutes after I let her back in, amazingly somebody showed up and adopted her. So she had a great afternoon as well. I love dogs, I miss my dog Tula at home.

From there we drove all around the country side east and southeast of Urbana to enjoy the scenery and get some photography in. During the afternoon a BEAUTIFUL set of storms developed on the Indiana/Illinois border and we found a perfect field to park our cars (Andrew was with us) to watch them just explode in the sky about 10-20 miles away. I found out later in the night that those storms dropped a LOT of hail (64 reports on the SPC page). Dave and Drew probably got some excellent photographs. It was perfectly relaxing, just standing outside on a fence near a cornfield at the base of a nice hill, and looking at the sky with unlimited visibility all around us and massive, towering, billowy storms ahead of us. They were mushrooming up into the sky at an incredibly fast rate; the cloud formations were quite a sight to see.

From there we drove a short distance to Kickapoo State park. After getting some good photographs of the Vermillion river, we stopped to watch about a dozen or so great looking white tailed deer. Of course, Drew decided to chase them down on foot, which was also quite hysterical. We saw a whole lot of great wildlife today including wild turkey, ducks, geese, deer, hawk, and some songbirds.

To finish off the day we went to Sidney to stay at Andrew's place and hang out, play video games, use his drum set, just chill out. His dad made homemade pizza for us (apparently its what he does after he's gone drinking). The first picture is me getting my face licked clean by Matty. Dave happened to take an incriminating looking photograph of me with the dog. She is a very energetic dog, but I thought she was cool.

Otherwise, it was a great day. Go to hang out with my good friends, be outdoors in beautiful weather, see some great scenery and wildlife, eat good food, overall had a good time. Tomorrow and Sunday I have to work but I need the money anyways, so it's A'OK.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Looks a bit like you are make-out with the dog.....but whatever you are into these days. I'm not one to judge!