Sunday, August 27, 2006

Story anyone?

Ok, so I've gotten some amusing responses to my story about the girl on the train. Let me clarify, that it is just a story =P I'm not some stalking, obsessive guy. I've had numerous people tell me it reminds them of that song "You're Beautiful" which I HATE with a passion. It was just something that popped into my head, honest, I swear. Anyways, I'm glad it illicited (sounds like the right word) such a response, I suppose that's what I was going after when I wrote it late one night.

I watched a blind man miss a scaffolding with his stick and walk face first into it the other day. I stopped and helped him out while he recovered and talked to him and then we went our separate ways. Well, a bible-thumper stopped me after seeing this and our conversation went something like this.

- "Jesus?"
- "Huh?"
- "Jesus?" (holds out a flier)
- "Oh, no thanks."
- "What, don't you believe?"
- "No." (stuck at the intersection because the light is red)
- "Cause what you did right there, helping out that guy, that was Jesus."
- "Uhhh.... ok."
- "I mean, what if you stabbed somebody?"
- "Huh? I'm not going to stab anybody"
- "Ugh, just listen. Ok ok, what if somebody were to stab you, would you like that?"
- "Clearly not"
- "Exactly! Jesus wouldn't stab people too." (starting to get in my face with his flier)
- "Alright, alright." (finding no escape, I take his flier to get him to shutup)
- "That's the spirit of Jesus my friend! Thank you, thank you."
(I take his flier without bothering to look at it, finally cross the street, and toss it into the trashcan)

Special huh?

Anyways, more coming tonight in my exciting and special life. =)

No comments: