Sunday, May 13, 2007

Looking back at this year so far makes me think of a Weird Al song called "Everything You Know is Wrong". While the song is a joke, that's how I feel at this point. How could I be so wrong on so many things? On so many "issues"? Have misjudged so many people? Wronged them because of how I have judged them? And how do I make it up to them? I need to find answers to these questions and am not entirely sure where to begin.

Today I spend some time downtown just enjoying some free time that I haven't had much of this week. I walked around enjoying the sun and the cold wind on my face and arms. The great lawn was open and I lay down on the grass with my sweatshirt over my face, the sun shining down on my body keeping me nice and warm. At one point I heard little kids voices asking, "Mommy, is he dead??" Hehe, I was very tempted to sit up and shout like a zombie, but was able to resist the temptation. I then walked over to Buckingham fountain which was going and it was a beautiful sight. Finally I walked over to Panera for a quick snack where I ran into a friend, being surprised I blurted out a few unintelligible things, and ran off. Silly huh?

Tomorrow I need to get my life in order. Clean my room, the kitchen, the living room. Spend some time to make a decent meal in the evening, hopefully socialize some. I have too much going through my head with work. I have too much stuff going through my head outside of work. I need to get my thoughts centralized and back into one place, and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do it these last couple of weeks.

A haiku to end this post:

Mind awash in thoughts
Distant lands beckon to me
No end is in sight

No comments: